A private company must have a company secretary and at least one director who is a natural person. The sole director of a private company is not allowed to also be the company secretary. A private company with only one director must not have a body corporate as its company secretary, the sole director of which is the sole director of the private company.
A public company or a company limited by guarantee must have a company secretary and at least two directors, one of whom may be the company secretary. It must not have body corporate as its director.
If the company secretary is a natural person, he or she must ordinarily reside in Hong Kong. If the company secretary is a body corporate, the address of its registered or principal office should be in Hong Kong. There is no requirement under the Companies Ordinance that a director must be a Hong Kong resident.
Company Secretary Services include:
- Acting as the company secretary of a company
- Preparing meeting minutes for Annual General Meeting
- Preparing and submitting annual returns (excluding the HK$105 government fee)
- Preparing forms and documents for the following circumstances
- Appointment, resignation or changes of particulars of directors and company secretary
- Change of registered office address
- Change of company name (excluding the HK$295 government fee)
- Allotment of authorised shares
- Tel: +852 3620 3187
- Fax: +852 3162 8945
- Email: [email protected]
- Office Hours: 9am - 6pm (Mon to Fri) (Closed on Sat, Sun and Public Holidays)
- Address: Unit 1005-06, Tower A, New Mandarin Plaza, 14 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong