According to the Hong Kong Companies Ordinance, annual statutory audits are required for all companies incorporated in Hong Kong for submission in the annual meeting to let shareholders review, and for submission in the profits tax assessment required by the Inland Revenue Department within a certain time frame.
Every company registered in Hong Kong must have its financial accounts audited by auditors registered under the Professional Accountants Ordinance (PAO) annually. For newly incorporated private companies, the first set of audited accounts should be laid before shareholders at the AGM within 9 months (6 months for other companies) after its financial year-end. Subsequent AGMs should be held not more than 15 months apart. There is no mandatory year-end date for Hong Kong companies, but 31 March and 31 December are the more common ones.
The Inland Revenue Department (“IRD”) issues tax returns to individuals, sole proprietors, partnerships, property owners and limited companies. Such persons and corporations should complete and file the tax returns within one to three months from the issue date of the tax returns together with the required documents to the IRD. ALE OFFICE is experienced in handling tax issues with the IRD and confident in minimising your risk in filing an inaccurate or incorrect tax return.
Our considerable experience in taxation consultancy would increase the efficiency of handling various individual and corporate taxation issues, thus allowing you to focus on the development of your company’s business.
Our taxation services include:
- Preparing and filing a tax return
- Calculating estimated tax liabilities
- Tax planning consultation
- Assistance upon replying any inquiries issued by the IRD
- Acting as the tax representatives on objection of tax assessments
All Hong Kong companies should keep a proper business record and prepare annual financial statements for statutory audit. Nowadays, small-to-medium-sized companies (“SMEs”) usually subcontract their accounting works to experienced professionals to minimize their operating costs and achieve a higher level of effectiveness and efficiency towards financial management.
Our accounting services include:
- Preparing voucher and inputing data into computerised accounting systems
- Preparing general ledgers, cash accounts, bank accounts and breakdowns for accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Performing monthly bank reconciliation
- Preparing financial statements, including balance sheets and income statements.
- Tel: +852 3620 3187
- Fax: +852 3162 8945
- Email: [email protected]
- Office Hours: 9am - 6pm (Mon to Fri) (Closed on Sat, Sun and Public Holidays)
- Address: Unit 1005-06, Tower A, New Mandarin Plaza, 14 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong